2016 CFHS Spring Trap Team Schedule:
- January 9, Annual Coaches Conference
- January 20, 7:00 pm Trap Team Open House, CFHS Cafeteria
- January 15 - March 15: Online Athlete Registration Period. All Students must pay MSHSCTL $30 during the on-line registration. Pay $200 to school (ISD 252) and fill out all required school forms every year.
Every Athlete must have a DNR Gun Safety number listed on the registration form. New Team Members must show DNR Gun Safety Card to the Coach. The Coach must enter a Student’s name on the electronic Team Roster before new team members can register.
Register at: mnclaytarget.com
Team password: can176
- March 20 @ 3:00 pm. Student Safety Training/Gun Inspections at Wanamingo Sportsmen's Club. Bring cased shotgun, we will NOT be shooting this day. New members bring DNR Gun Safety Certificate. Team Photo for year book if all goes well.
April 1: Division Conferences announced, based on team size. This determines the day we shoot in Alexandria.
- Sunday April 3 @2:00 or Monday April 4 @4:00: Practice Week 1
- Sunday April 10: Practice Week 2.
- Sunday April 17: Reserve Week. These scores are saved for future use for the entire team if a team’s scheduled Competition Week is cancelled.
- Sunday April 24: Competition Week 1. SPT online May 2 nd at 9:30 pm.
- Sunday May 1: Competition Week 2.
- Sunday May 8: Competition Week 3.
- Sunday May 15: Competition Week 4.
- Sunday May 22: Competition Week 5. Final SPT team and individual results are published
- May 30 th at 9:30 pm.
- Sunday May 29: Fun shoot, family picnic, practice for State Tournament. Have fun!!!
- June 14-21: MSHSCTL State Tournament in Alexandria MN, open to all. $25/student
- June 25: MSHSL State Tournament at the Minneapolis Gun Club, by invite only.
- Sunday team shooting will be held at the Wanamingo Sportsmen's Club from 2:00 pm until dark. If needed we could offer Monday shooting starting at 4:00 pm if you have Sunday conflicts.
Directions: 52 south to Hader, 57 south toward Wanamingo, over river past Riverside Park turn west on county 30 BLVD, you will see club on north side of road. 11401 Co. 30 BLVD
- New this year, MSHSCTL requires all students to pay $30 during on-line registration. Students not paid by March 15th will be automatically removed from the team roster.
- Turn in the $200 team fee, CFHS Registration form, and signed Mandatory Liability Waver to Stephanie Fox or Robin Nelson in the school front office no later than March 15th . Make check payable to (ISD 252) write (Clay Target Team) in the memo section.
- Clay Targets and Shotgun Shells included.
- Team uniform will be provided.
- The team owns 10 shooting pouches that we share.
- Does not include mandatory ear/eye protection, other shooting gear.
- Athletes must supply their own approved shotgun (20 or 12 ga).
- Alexandria Championship participation will require an additional $25 during online registration for this June event.
Shotgun & Ammunition Transportation:
- All students and coaches will follow state law and their school’s policy regarding shotguns and ammunition.
- Shotguns are picked up at home after school and brought to the gun club by parents/students.
- Ammunition will be handed out each week at the gun club by a Coach
- Shotguns must be removed from vehicles after each event, cleaned, and stored in a secure location at your home.
All student shotguns must be approved for use by the coaching staff, each shotgun needs to have a separate Safety Mechanism. A break open hammer type gun with no other safety is not approved for High School use.
If the scheduled Sunday shoot is cancelled due to lightning, the shoot will be rescheduled for the next day, (Monday @4:00) or the Reserve Week score must be used.
Penalties, Code of Conduct:
All student athletes, team leaders and gun club officials must be familiar with the League Policies & Procedures and must ensure that these Policies & Procedures are enforced. It is the responsibility of each Student Athlete to comply with the Policies & Procedures. Any violation of Policies & Procedures will result in the following Two Strike Penalty Rule:
Strike 1 - Upon a first violation the Student will be sent home immediately and it will be the coach’s responsibility to call the parents of the athlete and address the concerns before the athlete can return to the team.
Strike 2 - If a second violation occurs the student will be removed from the team with no refund and will not be able to return for the remainder of the season. The League must be informed immediately of any roster changes.
Visit (mnclaytarget.com) to view the complete League Policies and Procedures PDF.
Phone: (507) 645-6681 ext. 4384
Cell: (507) 210-1885